I have been trying out a new technique. I love to make cards AND I love to sew, so I thought I'd try mixing the two. Here are the results. I thoroughly enjoyed making them, and I will definately carry on in the vein for a good while longer yet!
I have so many ideas in my head, and not enough hours to craft.
I started by colouring the broderie anglaise lace with milled lavender distress ink and machine stitched it to the plain cream cardstock along with some 1" organza ribbon. Then I gathered the narrow lace and machine stiched it onto a simi-circle of stamped and distressed cream card.
I made a ribbon rose by zigzag machine stitching some 1" organza ribbon in a contasting colour thread, gathering and rolling it.
A few die-cut and coloured leaves and flourishes add the finishing touches.
For this next one, I used pumice stone distress ink.
I started by machine stiching some small white stars onto a die-cut piece of miriboard.
then I stamped, cut and distressed a circle of pearlescent cardstock and edged it with some pearl beads on a string.
I machine stitched some olive coloured ribbon onto a die-cut and distressed piece of pearlescent cardstock, and then layered up using the topper, some die-cut leaves and swirls, and a paper flower.
If I can work out how, I will be entering the first card in the Allsorts challenge this week - there's a first time for everything!
Bye for now,
take care and happy crafting,