Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hats off to grunge paper!

My lovely hubby bought me the latest copy of Craft Stamper mag last week, and in it was a fantastic top hat designed by Kim Costello.
I had to have a go at making it, so I downloaded the pattern from the website and got to playing.
Many hours of hat, flower and stand making later, this is the finished article................






I used:
Hat pattern by Kim Costello.
Studio 490 - Accents for Art stamp.
Creative Expressions - swirl stamp.
2x sheets grunge paper.
Distress inks: sage green, pine needles, rusty hinge, spiced marmalade.
"Twiddleybitz" leaves
velvet ribbon and string coloured with DI's
Round "art parts" for base, rolled up textured card for stand.

The hat is 3.5" tall and the whole thing stands 8" tall. It was great fun to make, and now I think I have to go and make a purple one..................................


Until next time, take care and happy crafting.

Shellie

2 comments:

  1. WOW Shellie, your hat is fantastic, I love all the details and your stand is fabulous. I'm loving the colours too!
    Thank you so much, it's so nice to come across your blog!
    BiG HuGs Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Kim, it's lovely to have a thumbs up from the hat's designer. I love this pattern, and have made many, many more of these hats.
      Welcome to my (very sporadic) blog. xxx

      Delete