Tuesday 8 November 2011

Two cards for today

Hello all,
I've got two cards to share today.


This first one I made with my new toys.
I used a x-cut shape die for the layering with white and matt textured gold card,
spellbinders Anemone  Flower with parchment paper and diamond Stickles for the topper,
"La Rue Flourish"  and "Elegant Scrollwork" dies by Memory Box (bought from Oyster Stamps). 



This next one was made for a challenge on World of Crafters forum.


The instruction was for the card to be clean and simple, the background to be mostly "white" space - i.e a single block of colour, with no pattern colour, but it can be embossed. There were to be 3 elements in row near the bottom right, and a sentiment beneath.

I used the 6x6 template "mini butterflies" by Crafters Workshop for the background, matted onto some lilac pearlised cardstock,
I mounted 3 butterfly peel-offs onto the same lilac cardstock, which I cut out and moulded around a pencil to give them some depth.
I hand-tied 3 silver organza bows and stuck the butterflies to them using odour-free silicone gel.
I printed the sentiment (made on one of my programs) onto white card and mounted it onto the lilac card.
I used thin foam DS tape to mount the backgrounds and sentiment, and silicone gel for the toppers.


I hope you enjoy looking at my latest makes,
take care and happy crafting,

Shellie

No comments:

Post a Comment